I offer a free 15-minute initial phone consultation for prospective clients to determine if we are a good fit and to schedule an initial session. During this call, we will discuss what you are seeking from therapy, as well as any concerns that you may have. I will answer questions about me, how I work, my billing practices, and/or therapy.
I am currently not available for in-person sessions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I am seeing all of my clients remotely via Zoom, FaceTime, or by phone. We can discuss how you would like to meet at our initial phone consultation.
As we begin to get to know one another, our conversations may include several of the following items:
• What brings you to therapy?
• How do you see your present situation?
• How do you view yourself?
• Where do you feel stuck?
• What you are hoping to shift in your life as a result of coming to therapy?
• Who are the people and what are the contexts within which you find support and strength?
• What are the traumas, losses, hurts, and other aspects of your history that stand out as having shaped who and how you are in the world?
This initial session will give you a sense of who I am and how I work. We will also discuss what the frequency of our sessions will be. I usually recommend meeting weekly to start, however bi-monthly sessions can be discussed.
Please go to these pages and fill out the forms in preparation of our first appointment: